Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draw on Computer while running shopbot

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardt View Post
    If you get a Dropbox account you don't even need to move the machine files to the other computer, they pop up automatically. It is free and more reliable than a home network setup. That said, the Shopbot computer will need an Internet connection.
    I like to keep the control computer off the internet. I use a NAS to transfer files that way my control only needs to connect to the NAS and not worry about upgrades or virus software interrupting my long cut files. I also download the files to my desktop and don't run them off a NAS or thumb drive

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardt View Post
    If you get a Dropbox account you don't even need to move the machine files to the other computer, they pop up automatically. It is free and more reliable than a home network setup. That said, the Shopbot computer will need an Internet connection.
    I tried dropbox but its s too slow. when I have to adjust the tool paths I have to wait till the file gets over to the shopbot computer it tended to slow me down. I just share a folder with the shopbot computer its s really fast.

I use a business network not a home network. I have my design computer and then my shopbot computer. although the shopbot has a LAN cable it is completely firewalled from the internet, has no anti virus and I think I have removed all the **** (you too can have office and other offers) from it. It cost me about 300 new and works fine. The shopbot software is the only thing installed on it. I mapped the drive and just transfer files that way.

Trotec Job Control software drives my laser engraver and it has no problem allowing simultaneous drawing or working in other programs while it's doing what it does, and no missed steps or problems happen. I can be designing in Corel while it's engraving or cutting.

I think it must be dependent on the control board, the drivers, and the software. And of course the computer needs sufficient processing capability.
    So depending on the software, yes it's possible. Using Shopbot software and controllers at this time, no.

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    Couldn't do it if you wanted to, the mouse is trapped.
    If you just want to see, I know it is bad practice, just Alt-Tab to another program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    Trotec Job Control software drives my laser engraver and it has no problem allowing simultaneous drawing or working in other programs while it's doing what it does, and no missed steps or problems happen. I can be designing in Corel while it's engraving or cutting.

I think it must be dependent on the control board, the drivers, and the software. And of course the computer needs sufficient processing capability.
    So depending on the software, yes it's possible. Using Shopbot software and controllers at this time, no.
    Your Trotec uses a print driver to control it