Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bandsaw Letters

Default More Bandsaw Letters

This is a standard process with small lettering. As we all know little swirls, letters and dingbats are close to impossible to hold down with a vacuum. They can be held in place with tabs but on swirl it takes lots of them.

This method allows for the ease of making duplicates by passing through the bandsaw.

Attached Images Attached Images

that works usually I can do it it out if sintra or dibond with a 1/16" bit. though this one customer sent me artwork where the parts were so small even a 1/16" was too big I doubt the whole thing would have held together as some parts were less then a 1/8" wide.

That sounds like a real challenge. I guess you use tabs on aluminum composite material. Do you have Pix? It's a lot easier to show a technique with photos.

I do my best to not let customers work me in a corner. My best technique is price. Works like a dream.

no I use a straight bit and a climb cut. dibond I can go a bit smaller then sintra but I can cut pretty small parts maybe a 1/4" circle in dibond. though I may loose a few the shavings hold the part in place. some sintra cuts poorly with a small bit though not sure why if the bit is dull or just the quality of the sintra. I get random sheets from my customer. but as you know paint can be a issue but few of my customers spring for foam.

Why not show us a few pix?

will do when I have a chance.

not sure if I could go this small in sintra it would depend on the material. but this is with a 1/16" straight bit 1ips in a single pass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting the pix. Not sure what's going on in the interior of the lower case "E". Looks like the interior was cut last which would count for the chatter. I'll see if I can find a photo or two showing .40 letters.

ya I saw that too. not sure but maybe go slower on such small letters. I usually don't cut letters that small so I just did it like usual. but dibond is great or small stuff all the parts stay in place. the bit could be a bit dull it is hard to tell how sharp those little guys are.

Naw, dibond isn't a viable product for anything small unless you want black edges. I've yet to find paint that will stick to the interior.

I like to make money and using that material for little anything won't do it.