Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Bandsaw Letters

I have cut some small letters in dibond using .0195 bit with a pressure foot

Wish I could figure out how you guys make ends meet with these little jobs. I find it hard enough to make a profit when cutting 6" letters unless it's a full batch. It's amazing how many regular sized letters can be cut in an hour.

But then again I'm not in this to learn. The work has to be fun and profitable.

well it just just added money I charge 60.00 min and a lot of my small jobs literally takes 10 minutes to open the file set up the cut cut the material they dropped off send a invoice and put it on my cart for pickup.

That's a good tip. What is that material on the bandsaw? What types of paint will adhere to it?

just did a brushed dibond sign well the letters and parts the smallest was less then 1/2" thats where dibond is good on small things to get the brushed aluminum face.

Thanks Jeff,

My favorite material for this kind of process is HDU. The major complaint is how difficult it is to fill and paint. Especially so on low density material. For that reason I stay with 18 or 20lb. Thinking over my use of this techniques, it's usually done on interior graphics.

Knight,
    Why not show us what you've done. Words fall short. I can't imagine what you're doing. The sentence construction is so poor it doesn't make sense. Help us with pix.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Thanks Jeff,

My favorite material for this kind of process is HDU. The major complaint is how difficult it is to fill and paint. Especially so on low density material. For that reason I stay with 18 or 20lb. Thinking over my use of this techniques, it's usually done on interior graphics.

Knight,
    Why not show us what you've done. Words fall short. I can't imagine what you're doing. The sentence construction is so poor it doesn't make sense. Help us with pix.
    and you wonder why I don't design signs. I will get a pic today.