Thread: how to make a bunch of name plaques have the same size text?

Default how to make a bunch of name plaques have the same size text?

I have a job with 90 some odd names and text each line on a wooden plaque. using aspire I made a text box the max height of the text and longer I needed to make sure width did not change it then used the text box tool and pasted the text in it. the problem is text with y's and such where the letter goes below the rest of the text makes the text overall smaller then text without those letters that drop down.
    so some of the plaques have deeper/larger letters then others.
    this was a job that I did not know much about it was a regular customer they just asked me if I could cut names on wooden boards it turned out too be 9 different ones on three different board sizes. they used a mask on all of them and taped on the names on each board .
    They gave me a word file with all the names but they did not have a font and gave me a few old plaques and asked if I could match it I only came close.

I don't design signs I just cut them out cut sign parts out and such. once in awhile I will make a sign start to finish but its s pretty simple.
    So how to make all the text the same height? there are 30 that need to be changed. i am thinking of making a box the size f the good ones middle letters and manually resizing the ones needing fixed so the regular letters are the same and the y's and such hang down.

As far as I know, Vectric and Corel do this poorly. I have a software called Gravostyle, which is designed for engraving, that does a brilliant job at both keeping the text the same height and dumping out variable text.

If you'd like, I can run the file for you. Send me a list in excel. A vector EPS or PDF with everything laid out. The font you want. The size you want. The tiling specs. Then I'll shoot you a nice vector PDF package.

I will see about getting a list of the replacement ones. I only do them one at a time because some need held down in the jib because they are warped so I want to keep it simple. When I get text it is ready to go I don't have to hunt for a font and work out how large they want it and all that. so I had no clue about the text till I started seeing it.