Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to shopbot And Aspire

Scott, Huge thanks to you for your help. Appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to assist me. Yes, would like to make it where it doesn't return home everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Nstep007 View Post
    Scott, Huge thanks to you for your help. Appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to assist me. Yes, would like to make it where it doesn't return home everytime
    Nick,

Glad to see you got it going after all. Thanks for posting your results!

Brandan

Hi everyone, Hope all is well. After i was able to cut my sign last week, this week i am having the same exact problem. But now, for some reason last night, the Z axis went all the way down at some point, did not move back up, and while this happened the machine wanted to travel on the x and y axis, which made the gantry jump off of it tracks.... now the machine is not only cutting in odd places... but now it is cutting jagged... i was able to get the gantry back on track, not sure id there is a alignment thing I'm suppose to do. Im lost and discouraged at this point, but trying my hardest not to give up. If you can help me with anything id appreciate it. I attached the file i was cutting, a picture of the shobot, as well as a pic of the board i was cutting.

rsz_20160809_130627.jpg

rsz_20160728_181454.jpg

Base Sheet.zip

Update: I think i have found my problem... When i was moving the X & Y axis with the keyboard, i noticed it would move rather slow... compared to when i would hit the "jog home" button. e When it would go home, i noticed at some point, the gantry would seem like it was getting tangled up, not in any particular place as to where the spindles might have been broke, but every time it would "kink" up in different places.... So apparently when the CNC would make a Cut, and it would go home... it was traveling home way to fast, and would slightly "Kink Up". So i slowed that down from 12.0 to 3.0 and have not had any problems since... Im sure this is a older model and that rail system I'm sure has been upgraded simply for this reason.... huge relief... still have a lot to learn