Thread: Programming mod for 3 axis z zero plate

Default Programming mod for 3 axis z zero plate

I just treated myself to the three axis Z Zero plate, and it works just great. There is one thing I would like to get it to do though, and I hoped someone on here might have an idea.

I would like to be able to do a C3 move to find the zero zero corner of my table then use the 3 axis plate to find the corner and height of my work. But BEFORE the program zero's to the corner of the work I would like to be able to record what the X and Y settings were. Therefore in the future if I wanted to return to that spot I could do a C3, Move X to the recorded spot, do the same for Y and then Z2.

By doing this I could return to my work within about .002 of the original setting. I have been using this feature of the Shopbot (the C3 zeroing) for a while now and I has saved my bacon a number of times.

Anyone got any ideas? A log showing the last couple of coordinates, stopping the program, whatever.

If you're using SB3 v3.8.XX, you can use the keypad memorize buttons, but it doesn't automatically zero out that position after going there. Otherwise, you could set up a user work offset system like I use (inserted pic), or you could utilize a little script/sbp file like this Location Snapshot. Nice thing with the little snapshot file is that it saves the current location or returns you to the last saved location based on your input. With my button program setup, I can save up to six different locations.

UV will also show you the base coordinate offset values.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

You could also use the PRINT function to display those coordinates using variables that are already in the 3 axis zero plate. You would acquire those variables from looking at the "VA" lines in the file. The PRINT line could be in the file, or it could be separate and run after the file.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein