Thread: ShopBot PrsStandard 5'x12' $10,000

Default ShopBot PrsStandard 5'x12' $10,000

Hello everyone. I am selling this Shopbot that i acquired not to long ago. It is a older machine, but very solid. The only issue is it is too big for my small shop, i really only need a 4x8. The table seems to have been rebuilt This came up and i bought it. The PC it comes with, i have added Aspire 8.0 Corel Draw 8 as well as the entire sketch up package. Located In Tulsa,ok Asking Price Is $10,000 i have several thousand in Software. Pick Up Only. If interested. Please Call Or Text Me 918-810-1276

rsz_20160728_181454.jpg

Nstep007,
    You have a lot of money tied up in software, so you must have a need/want for cnc. This is a PRT not a PRS. Since it is on a wooden table, you should be able to cut the length to what will suit your space. Just keep in mind that you will need about 10' of rail to make an 8' cut with the machine. Good luck.

Sorry, i just now seen that i put PRS. And yes, i have evaluated that option of cutting the rails. i would just hate to do that, and someone needs a 12' machine.

Buy yourself some 8' rails, swap them for the 12'ers, cut the table and you have exactly what you need. I might be interested in the 12' rails myself.
    That seems like the cheapest, easiest solution to your space issue. I wouldn't cut the rails, just replace.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Where could I purchase the other rails?

The PRT rails were milled straight and had the v put on them by a long mill. Not to many mill shops have a long enough mill to do that. You would need to have it done as SB no longer offers them. An easier solution would be to buy a piece of angle the length you need and put hardened rails on it. You can get the hardened rails from www.superiorbearing.com As your existing rails are just mild steel, I wouldn't fret much about cutting them.

Maybe you and Jack could trade