Thread: Lap Top will not connect to BT32 Standard

Default Lap Top will not connect to BT32 Standard

I had an HP lap top running my CNC. It was cutting in places it was not supposed to. I finally figured out the it was the HP causing the problems. So, I swapped to my high end Dell Inspirion 17 with an i7 processor. That fixed it. After a few months the Dell would not connect to the control box. I worked with tech support and could not get it fixed. We checked everything and even went so far as to deleted all of the SB software and reloaded it. Still will not connect. Tech support believes it to be a computer issue. I can get all of the way to the firmware download action and it just sits there doing nothing. I have attached a few screen shots of the messages that I see. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I thought I would post this before I go buy another computer.
    Connection Issue pic 3.jpgConnection Issue pic 4.jpgConnection Issue pic 5.jpgConnection Issue pic 2.jpgConnection Issue pic 1.jpg
    Phil
    BT 32 Standard
    2.2 HP Spindle
    Aspire Sofrware

What model year is your BT? Did you previously have version 3.8.XX running it without problem or were you running 3.6.XX. If you completely uninstall the software, unplug the USB (both control box and spindle speed controller) and then reinstall and after that plug in just the control box (no software started), does the PC recognize that it has been plugged in and say anything about loading the USB drivers? If it does, then start the software and try to load the firmware.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    Tech support believes it to be a computer issue.
    Quickest and easiest way to determine this is hook up another computer and try it. Does it stop at same point or does it complete? If stops at same point then problem not with the computer. If it completes, then problem with the computer.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

go back to the HP to see if it will connect. you won't need to run anything just connect

I had a similar problem and ended up replacing the USB cable which solved my problem. I had to do this several times over the past few years, guess the quality of these just aren't that great.
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I’ll try to answer a few of the questions.
    My BT32 is a 2015 model that I picked up in March of 2015.
    I did have 3.8.XX running. I don’t recall which version.
    ShopBot and I tried loading 3.6.XX. Same issue where it will not see the control box.
    I did completely delete the software and then reloaded it following instructions from ShopBot. No difference.
    I cannot load the firmware. It appears to try and then never completes the task.
    I did hook it up to my older HP laptop with 3.8.XX and it does connect. I cannot use that laptop to cut parts because it causes errors to be sent to the machine (i.e. randomly cuts where it is not supposed to). That is why I am using the newer Dell.
    A faulty USB cable was my first thought. Once it would connect to the Dell that eliminated it as a possibility.
    I had a friend that is an IT person by profession look at it last night. Nothing jumped out at him as being wrong. We are planning to try to get the same version of the software loaded onto the Dell as is on the HP. At a minimum this should allow us to compare the two. I also plan on trying find and eliminate any Microsoft updates for the past 6 weeks. Basically put it back to the same condition it was in when it last connected to the CNC. If I find something I post it.
    If someone thinks of something else please let me know.
    Phil
    BT 32 Standard
    2.2 HP Spindle
    Aspire Sofrware

Have you tried all the usb ports. This is one of the desktops I have that I never had a problem with You could get it it at Microcenter in Sharonville that down by Cincy

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...er_Refurbished

I like the price on that desktop. Once I exhaust my other alternatives I'll drop by Microcenter when I can and take a look. Thanks.
    Phil
    BT 32 Standard
    2.2 HP Spindle
    Aspire Sofrware