Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: more chairs...

Delivered yesterday... the job is complete.

Beautiful work and craftsmanship Andrew.
    Nat Wheatley
    Plymouth Custom Closets
    www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Hi Andrew......I notice that the kitchen cabinets are very much how they are done here. I've noticed over the years looking at online content and magazines that the Americans tend to use face frames a lot with cabinet construction. That was the style when I was a kid but haven't seen face frames used here for many decades now and instead it's all European hinges and slides direct to case sides with overplayed doors and drawers. I would say that is now 99.9% the practice here that I've seen. Is it the same in Canada? Also noted that natural solid wood look kitchens have lost interest here and the painted, vinyl wrap, two pack, etc. look more the fashion with polished concrete, man made and natural stone tops.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Quote Originally Posted by Simops View Post
    Hi Andrew......I notice that the kitchen cabinets are very much how they are done here. I've noticed over the years looking at online content and magazines that the Americans tend to use face frames a lot with cabinet construction. That was the style when I was a kid but haven't seen face frames used here for many decades now and instead it's all European hinges and slides direct to case sides with overplayed doors and drawers. I would say that is now 99.9% the practice here that I've seen. Is it the same in Canada? Also noted that natural solid wood look kitchens have lost interest here and the painted, vinyl wrap, two pack, etc. look more the fashion with polished concrete, man made and natural stone tops.

Cheers
    For sure, solid colour cabinetry has become a lot more popular in the past several years here. I still do wood (stained or natural) and also face frame style. Actually the largest kitchen I did in a while was done this year, all in African mahogany and it was an inset, face frame kitchen. But solid colour is for sure popular.

In terms of style, frame-less has taken off here, mainly (in my opinion) due to the fact almost no one is set up anymore to do cabinetry like we are - every other shop is doing Euro style frame-less, melamine cabinets and then buying in doors (vinyl wrap, melamine, lacquered MDF etc) From most shops here, face frame is no longer an option. Even a real wood kitchen is hard to get now.

I will and can do all styles - melamine, wood, paint grade, etc. I give my customer the options, pricing, and let then decide what they want to go with.