Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: table base coordinates

Gary,

I did look and my previous PC was setup for 20t pinions. I've never changed them. I tried looking at my screen shot of my new PCs settings to compare when I got home last night but apparently my screen shot was such poor res that I couldn't zoom in and see.

Perhaps one of my values towards the bottom of the settings is set wrong. I'll double check and post an update when I get to the shop today. Unfortunately, I have a phone tech support call with Microsoft from 8-10a today as my laptop started freezing at startup after one of Microsoft's Win 10 updates. Some days tech helps, others it eats time!

Do you by chance know if ShopBot would have put a different size pinion on the Z axis than whats on my X and Y?

Also, I'm pretty bummed out that I missed your seminar back in August in River Falls. I guess that's what I get for not being so active on the forums. Had I known it was happening I would have been there for sure. Next time!
    Nate Sirek

Operations Manager;
    Shop Fabrication Manager
    House Partners Inc.
    West Saint Paul, MN

Shopbot 48 x 96 PRT Alpha
    220v 18000 RPM HSD Spindle
    4 Zone Vacuum Table, 7hp Spencer Re-Gen Blower
    Cabinet Parts Pro

10 Years Experience in a cabinet and counter top fabrication shop. CNC Newbie.

Nate..
    Assuming the 10:1 motor has a 12mm shaft you could have 20, 25 or 30 tooth pinions installed. The ASM911's have a 14mm shaft and there is only a 20t that fits them. To get an accurate unit value you will have to verify which pinion you have installed.

Sorry to have missed you at River Falls. Kyle has a great facility and there was a really good group of users there.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Gary,

So I got it figured out. At the bottom of my Unit Values in my new software, the Z Res Multiple was set to 4. In my old PC if was set to 1. I stopped at the shop this morning and changed it to 1. Quick ran a new C2 and now everything is working perfectly. Not sure what those multipliers are about at the bottom of the setup page but it's working which is all that matters!

Thanks for all the input, I finally fixed something without waiting for SB support. Baby steps.
    Nate Sirek

Operations Manager;
    Shop Fabrication Manager
    House Partners Inc.
    West Saint Paul, MN

Shopbot 48 x 96 PRT Alpha
    220v 18000 RPM HSD Spindle
    4 Zone Vacuum Table, 7hp Spencer Re-Gen Blower
    Cabinet Parts Pro

10 Years Experience in a cabinet and counter top fabrication shop. CNC Newbie.

That is the multiplier for steps produced between jogs (rapid) and moves (feed). The controller puts out 1/4 the number of steps for jogs as there would be for moves, and then programming in the drive multiplies it back.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein