Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 3.0

Default Aspire 3.0

I'm a little behind the times......
    With that said, I was wondering if I can run Aspire 3.0 on a new laptop with Windows 10 (64 bit?)

PS. without having to say.....my strong suit isn't the technical side of computers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance ))))))

I decided to email Vectric with my question. Here is their reply.

Hello John,
    All of our software is written for the Microsoft Windows 32 and 64 bit platforms.
    All of our software runs equally well on full versions on Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, & 10 (both 32 bit and 64 bit editions).

Too bad the rest of my software isn't like Vectric.

Software that isn't as versatile and needs to be UPGRADED...
    Flexi $$$
    Photoshop $$$
    Illustrator $$$

KUDOS VECTRIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I decided to email Vectric with my question. Here is their reply.

Hello John,
    All of our software is written for the Microsoft Windows 32 and 64 bit platforms.
    All of our software runs equally well on full versions on Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, & 10 (both 32 bit and 64 bit editions).

Too bad the rest of my software isn't like Vectric.

Software that isn't as versatile and needs to be UPGRADED...
    Flexi $$$
    Photoshop $$$
    Illustrator $$$

KUDOS VECTRIC!!!!!!!
    Not sure how old your Photoshop and Illustrator are, but I'm running ver. CS4 on Win 10.

Also, you might look into running a virtual machine for those older programs, you can load just about anything on them (DOS, Win 3, 95, XP and so on....)

And a lot of times companies will tell you that the software isn't supported on Win 10, because they want you to upgrade, but the programs will run fine. There is a difference between "supported" and "runs" when it comes to software.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Aspire 3 sure beats no Aspire at all - Been some handy and innovative features since then but nothing earth shattering IMO.
    Doug

Hi John,

If you have Aspire 3.0 you would have been entitled to the free upgrade to Aspire 3.5 (the What's New for that release is here ... http://www.vectric.com/company/news/...-releases.html). If you contact support with your licence details they can give you a link to download V3.5.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moran View Post
    Hi John,

If you have Aspire 3.0 you would have been entitled to the free upgrade to Aspire 3.5 (the What's New for that release is here ... http://www.vectric.com/company/news/...-releases.html). If you contact support with your licence details they can give you a link to download V3.5.

Brian
    Thanks for the reply Brian,
    From my best recollection...... I started with 2.5 and was given a free upgrade to 3.0. Very shortly after, I got the email for the free upgrade to 3.5, but was told I didn't qualify as I just got the free upgrade to 3.0.

Thanks for the reply Brian,
    From my best recollection...... I started with 2.5 and was given a free upgrade to 3.0. Very shortly after, I got the email for the free upgrade to 3.5, but was told I didn't qualify as I just got the free upgrade to 3.0.
    Hi John,
    The 'point' releases e.g 3.5, 4.5, 8.5 etc. have always been free upgrades for people who have the matching major version, and you would definitely be entitled to V3.5 if you wish to contact Vectric support.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moran View Post
    Hi John,
    The 'point' releases e.g 3.5, 4.5, 8.5 etc. have always been free upgrades for people who have the matching major version, and you would definitely be entitled to V3.5 if you wish to contact Vectric support.

Brian
    I copied this from my email I saved (very bottom of this post). Perhaps I'm confused or misunderstood, but this is the reply.
    I will mention, I mistakenly said I was upgrading from 3 to 3.5.

This was the reply from Mark Moran, when I tried to upgrade from 3.5 to version 4. Moot point, if I am reading your reply about "releases" that they have always been free?

As you have previously purchased Aspire, you are entitled to

upgrade to the new version. The cost of the upgrade is us$400.

.5 releases are free.

In general, you get the next major version free, which are usually released on a yearly basis.

At this point, if you wanted to pay $400 you could upgrade to 8.5 - But that doesn't mean you'd get Aspire 9 [when it comes out] for free. Only 1 free upgrade, then you are locked into $400 upgrades.

http://support.vectric.com/upgrade
    Doug

I copied this from my email I saved (very bottom of this post). Perhaps I'm confused or misunderstood, but this is the reply.
    I will mention, I mistakenly said I was upgrading from 3 to 3.5.

This was the reply from Mark Moran, when I tried to upgrade from 3.5 to version 4. Moot point, if I am reading your reply about "releases" that they have always been free?

As you have previously purchased Aspire, you are entitled to

upgrade to the new version. The cost of the upgrade is us$400.
    As I said, upgrades to 'point' releases are free, and you bought 2.5 and received 3.0 and 3.5 free. Major releases incur an upgrade cost unless you purchased the software in the previous 12 months in which case the upgrade to the major version is also free. If you purchase an upgrade from a previous version, the free upgrade period is 3 months. Unlike the vast majority of software companies, you can upgrade form ANY earlier version to the current version for the same upgrade price (currently $400 for Aspire), so if a particular release doesn't offer sufficient value to you, you can delay upgrading until a subsequent release does justify the expenditure for your particular situation.

Brian