Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Trestle Table

Default Another Trestle Table

Getting towards the last of my maple from trees knocked down from hurricane sandy. this table is the same design as my last it all breaks down and assembles with the wedges in legs and top.

Will get to finishing I hope this week.

Have some cherry logs coming to mill in a few weeks I cant wait just about out of the last batch, cherry sells better.

I really enjoy making furniture from log to final product each piece has a story.

Though larger orders I buy my material from commercial mills.

I have no idea why you don't take the time to teach a paid class in some of the beautiful craftsmanship you use when creating these beautiful tables. Excellent job!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

VERY Nice Brian!!
    Depth of butterflies in slab?
    Going to look Nice finished
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Jack I help anyone that wants to learn, but being a good teacher is an art in itself.

Scott the butterflies are 1 1/8 deep, they are cherry

Thanks Brian!
    Slab/plank was how thick? (sorry)
    Funny, after trying to teach a girlfriend how to ski (which is instinctive to me)ONCE!
    I gladly paid for ski lessons for girlfriends afterwards! Teaching is an Art!
    scott P.
    Maine

The top boards are around 1.5 inches thick. I mill a lot of my boards at 1.75 they usually clean up nice at 1.5 If I need a lot of 4/4 I will contact a guy I know with a band mill, not very efficient with a chainsaw mill to do thinner stock when losing a quarter inch to sawdust.

Thanks Brian!
    Good to know for live edge bookmatched
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harnett View Post
    Jack I help anyone that wants to learn, but being a good teacher is an art in itself.

Scott the butterflies are 1 1/8 deep, they are cherry
    So if i come up to NY and knock on your door you'll let me look over your shoulder while you work? lol
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    So if i come up to NY and knock on your door you'll let me look over your shoulder while you work? lol
    Jack funny you said that an architectural decorative painter and finisher came by two days ago and wants to do just that, when I slow down a bit I will invite him over when I have the time to explain what I am doing.

I have been mentoring at the local high school. Teaching is NOT an art form if the student really is interested in what is being taught. If they are there because it MIGHT be interesting or fun then you are right that is where the art comes in to get them really interested. I have 22 in one class and 20 in the other, of that, 4 are GOOD students, the rest are taking up space and time. I have parents permission for two of the students and they have come to my shop and have run my machines in my shop. The classroom doesn't have a ShopBot but they have a plasma water table so most of the same drafting, disciplines are similar. I think the project being done is also a big part of the attention factor. I would think building that really cool looking furniture would certainly fill that bill. I know it's got my attention! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy