Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeds and speeds

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com Guest

I swapped PCs and now my machine is performing beautifully.

On timed drag-race style runs, both move and jog speeds are accurate and in agreement with indicated settings. In this "unreal" environment, I am getting timed jog speeds of up to 5.25" per minute without missed steps. (I'll be dialing it down for real world use).

FYI the old computer was a Compaq non-Intel 180 MHZ and the new computer is an Acer P200.

wecarve353@aol.com Guest

We are creating ncd files in casmate, then converting them in shopbot. For some reason, the created files have a jog speed of .333 for x & y. Our jog value setting is "2". This makes our files run way too slow. On small files, I can manually change the .333 to 2, but larger files are beyond me. Why are our files being created with the .333 setting? Our jog works fine, so it shouldn't be a motor problem.

rgengrave@aol.com Guest

Bridget in the program you are using to make the ncd files you should see a display box for the settings when you select a driver.

If you are using Fanuc 2d or 3d driver? you will have to set the cut speed there.

You should see something like XY Speed Up or Down, by default it might be set to 20 inch? set this to 1 or 2 and this will correct the problem?

Now you might see Z lift and Z depth? you will want to make the settings in the Z lift if your Z is raising to slow, and the Z depth should be set to the depth you want.

Ron V

Bridget Albano Guest

Ron, you were right. We raised the xy speed to 120 and got a decent jog speed. Thank you!