Thread: Paddle Boards?

Default Paddle Boards?

I was thinking it would be a lot of fun to make a paddle board.

Anyone ever made one? Wondering if anyone has plans/drawings?
    Nate Sirek

Operations Manager;
    Shop Fabrication Manager
    House Partners Inc.
    West Saint Paul, MN

Shopbot 48 x 96 PRT Alpha
    220v 18000 RPM HSD Spindle
    4 Zone Vacuum Table, 7hp Spencer Re-Gen Blower
    Cabinet Parts Pro

10 Years Experience in a cabinet and counter top fabrication shop. CNC Newbie.

Take a look at Chesapeake Light Craft's website. I think they have plans that you can buy.

scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Thanks for the info everyone!

I had a chance to go to Chesapeake Light Crafts webpage.

I did also look at Scott's link with one made from foam. I hadn't thought of that either!

When brainstorming, I was thinking something more like the wood ones Chesapeake sells. I built a bunch of kitchen cabinets for a boat builder in Saint Paul here. As a woodworker, I'm leaning towards building a wood one.

However, I know how great foam cuts on my machine...I do not have a super tall Z axis. I would maybe have to slice it in two layers. I'll have to do a bit more digging for design and material stuff.

On a side note...

I did read the other thread within that foam paddle board thread. Good stuff. Humbling, as I often feel like I'm asking for drawings from people. I've bought some clipart to carve over the years. Some days I feel like I'm not the most artistic.

I'd love to learn more of the designing of more than just 2d cabinet parts. When it comes to my wood shop, I feel like buying a Bot was a way to automate a lot of the things that we used to do by hand with a jigsaw or scroll saw (and a whole lot of sanding). Never even realized the carving capabilities until after I got on the internet and started researching.

I would never try to profit from someone else's design/drawing/intellectual property. I enjoy using files from others as well as files provided by vectric to learn and modify. It has made me a better designer and more proficient with the software...but I feel like there's so much more of the software that I probably don't even utilize because of my drawing capability level. Probably just rambling here, but thanks again everyone who participates on the forum because it has made me more artistic and interested in trying new projects just to learn and appreciate different crafts.

Cutting cabinet parts is what has paid for my Bot. In return, I got a cool shop tool, this forum (a community of what I feel are like minded designing and fabricating professionals), and a stronger drive to create different and unique things. The experiences of the whole process is something money can't buy. Happy Sunday, folks!
    Last edited by Nate Sirek; 09-25-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Nate Sirek

Operations Manager;
    Shop Fabrication Manager
    House Partners Inc.
    West Saint Paul, MN

Shopbot 48 x 96 PRT Alpha
    220v 18000 RPM HSD Spindle
    4 Zone Vacuum Table, 7hp Spencer Re-Gen Blower
    Cabinet Parts Pro

10 Years Experience in a cabinet and counter top fabrication shop. CNC Newbie.

Did you ever make a paddle board? I have a kid in my class who wants to make one but I have no clue how to make one. I'm a new shop bot owner