Thread: Power problem on prt 96.

Default Power problem on prt 96.

Hello,

I have a shopbot prt 96 with a power problem. Here is what's happening. When I switch it on, the mean well light turns on, and then the control board turns on for a second and then turns off (I see the green light on the board turn on briefly.) I hear a quick high pitch humming like I typically would hear, but then it stops after about 1/2 second. No lights are on on the control board. A green light on the mean well stays on. I'm hoping there's a quick fix for this. Any ideas? The machine is about 11 yrs old. 3.54 is the version in the shopbot control board. Also, on the mean well there's an adjustment screw for the voltage. I'm wondering if adjusting that might do anything....but I'm really not sure what that's for. Thanks in advance. The power supply is A Open Solution Components model Z350-08ATA. Mean well is SP-300-48.

- Keith

Power supplies are loaded with capacitors, which have a lifespan. That is where I would look first. The absolute last thing you want to do without detailed knowledge and the proper instrument is to adjust the voltage! I know you don't want to hear this, but unless you have a pretty good knowledge of electronics the cheapest, fastest, thing you can do is send it to Shopbot.
    I would for sure talk to them over the phone. They will try and help out.