Thread: Walnut Sink and Vanity

Default Walnut Sink and Vanity

I just finished our bathroom renovation. I have been thinking about making a wood sink for years and this was the time. The counter and sink parts were all made on the shopbot. After it was made and fitted all surfaces were sealed with epoxy. My wife and I are very pleased with how it turned out.
    IMG_0231.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0234.JPG

Wow, this is amazing. Do you have a build log?

Interested to hear how you made the sink? was this machined as a solid part or made in pieces and assembled later?

That is beautiful. I'd like to check with you in a year to see if there is any wood movement, but you are clearly a talented craftsman. EXCELLENT!!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I don't keep build logs but am thinking it may be a good idea. The sink was made in parts an assembled with pocket screws for the sides. After it was fit all surfaces were sealed with epoxy so I don't anticipate any movement. But it is wood so anything is possible.

Looks very nice! I would also be curious about any wood movement, more so due to the grain running 90 degrees. Most commercial wooden vessels use layers of wood that are all in the same orientation as the top itself, so the wood movement isnt fighting one piece vs the next.

I have thought about this type of work... looks so nice! Never got a chance yet to try though.