Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New custom router bit day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    That's really nicely done!

In watching the video I was thinking that the tool path was making unnecessary moves?
    It looked like there were a couple moves at the start of each pass that first went one way and then reversed the direction of cut and went the other way. Regardless it seems like you have reduced your sanding time pretty good from the looks of the finish.
    Completely necessary... it's ramping down into the cut. The bit isn't capable of a straight plunge. I'm using 4" for the ramp. Prob excessively. Should cut that to 1.5" or 2"

Andrew here is a order i got today... all the cutting boards that I made today are already sold... this is a new customer...it is not hard to sale cutting boards, I already have over 20 orders of your style to start after the first of the year..

I would like to buy 12 Bakers scoops, 12 sugar scoops, 12 coffee scoops, 3 pig cutting boards, 3 small horse head cutting boards, 3 large Kentucky cutting boards, 3 medium Kentucky cutting boards, and 6 small Kentucky cutting boards.

I talked to Tina and she said you don't have all this. I completely understand I have waited too long to order, but I'll take what you can give me!
    If you will let me know, I'll come pick it up.
    Thanks!!

--
    Francie
    Owner
    Ravenna
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    Andrew here is a order i got today... all the cutting boards that I made today are already sold... this is a new customer...it is not hard to sale cutting boards, I already have over 20 orders of your style to start after the first of the year..

I would like to buy 12 Bakers scoops, 12 sugar scoops, 12 coffee scoops, 3 pig cutting boards, 3 small horse head cutting boards, 3 large Kentucky cutting boards, 3 medium Kentucky cutting boards, and 6 small Kentucky cutting boards.

I talked to Tina and she said you don't have all this. I completely understand I have waited too long to order, but I'll take what you can give me!
    If you will let me know, I'll come pick it up.
    Thanks!!

--
    Francie
    Owner
    Ravenna
    Thats awesome, Eugene. If I wasnt always booked months behind with my cabinets and furniture, I`d probably try and go more aggresively after other things. But, there is only so many hours in a day, and I am already short on those hours! lol.

That my problem right now.. I am getting more orders in than I can fill in a reasonable amount of time. I am gluing up everything I can each day. My glue rack only holds 5 levels and I fill those up fast. I went through 300 bf of maple and walnut this week already.. and everything I have cut is all ready sold plus more orders came in today besides that one.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by Ajcoholic View Post
    Thats awesome, Eugene. If I wasnt always booked months behind with my cabinets and furniture, I`d probably try and go more aggresively after other things. But, there is only so many hours in a day, and I am already short on those hours! lol.
    when it gets slow make up some and have them on hand to sale.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    when it gets slow make up some and have them on hand to sale.
    The last time it was `slow` in the shop was in the late 1990`s... lol

Andrew I am having to work late tonight.. I have to have the following ready for Tina and this years Apprentice to start sanding tomorrow... 16 large horse head cutting boards, 40 small Horse head, 32 large Ky cutting boards, 36 medium Ky cutting boards, 15 Ky cheese boards 10 Indiana cutting boards and 5 Pig cutting boards.This has gone on all summer long... It has been so busy I can not take the time off to Move the Equipment into the new shop....just over $2,000.00 worth of product out the door when finished. I glued the panels up Sunday and planned and will have cut the boards out today when I am finished.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Andrew, what finish are you using on the cutting boards? Is it mineral oil and beeswax?

Eugene, for the wholesale prices you are charging, am I correct in saying you sell your boards with no finish on them?

I am not trying to start a debate as to what is the best finish to use. I am looking at it from the point of efficiency.

Regards

Mark
    Regards
    Mark Owen
    Woodpecker Manufacturing

I drop all my cutting boards and Kitchen items in mineral oil. I do not use any beeswax or nut oils, some people are allergic to them Mineral oil for food contact is the safest to use and the cheapest. I buy mineral in in the five gallon buckets..What i use to dip the boards in is a large mop sink with a valve on it. I pour five gallon of oil into the mop sink drop the product in it let it set for a while then open the drain and let it drain over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Owen View Post
    Andrew, what finish are you using on the cutting boards? Is it mineral oil and beeswax?

Eugene, for the wholesale prices you are charging, am I correct in saying you sell your boards with no finish on them?

I am not trying to start a debate as to what is the best finish to use. I am looking at it from the point of efficiency.

Regards

Mark
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Owen View Post

Regards

Mark
    Mark,
    I am using two products from Boos - first is their mineral based block oil. Then I use their mineral oil/Beeswax paste. This is the recommended finish from them (first the straight oil, then the oil/wax).

It seems to work really well, and I usually sell the boards with a tube of the oil and wax mix. With daily use (like mine gets used) and washing in the sink, I recommend applying the oil/wax every 3 or 4 months.

I get the product through Richelieu Hardware here in Canada..

http://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/categ...782/sku-001212

http://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/categ...783/sku-001512