Thread: Changing table 0,0

Default Changing table 0,0

Hi,

Can someonw please tell me how to move the 0,0 to the upper left corner and also rotate it 90 degrees. I want the table start point in the bottom left corner.
    Capture.JPG

Table is 2008 PRT alpha 48x96.

2 step process:
    1) Reverse direction of Y motor
    2) Rewrite of all custom files that involve the Y (most of them)

Remember, all Y code will be negative with an upper left XY datum
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Hi Gary,

Sorry I'm new to all this. So would I go under the VU option? I basically want the machine to run the same way the arrow keys on my computer go. Right now it does it sideways meaning the right arrow key makes it go up on the x axis, left arrow key goes down, up arrow key goes left on the Y axis and so on.

Being new you first must understand the difference between simple and easy. Simple is saying "we need to move the mountain to build the highway", moving the mountain is not going to be easy.

Many new users have an issue with an OEM table layout not seeming intuitive to them. I have done this a number of times, but usually for an experienced user when they had a specific product to mfgr with a very narrow set of parameters available in their design package.

The simple answer here is that you have oriented your computer keyboard and screen incorrectly. See the attached Training Slide for SB orientation
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

So currently the machine is at the right bottom and I want it on the left bottom (where the x is). Is this the default setting?
    Capture2.JPG

I just saw your attached thumbnail and answered my own question. This "natural" layout is the opposite to me. So in V-carve can I change the layout screen to match the table layout?

In the ShopBot world (and some others) and using your picture as a reference, The "front" of the machine is what is shown as the right side. Where the control box is located is the left end.

You can go with either location, but you will lose your ability to converse normally with most users, and possibly tech support.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Metal Designs View Post
    I just saw your attached thumbnail and answered my own question. This "natural" layout is the opposite to me. So in V-carve can I change the layout screen to match the table layout?

Mine is setup the same due to shop layout, so when I need to move by keyboard, I just flip the keyboard upside down and then use the arrow keys.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Or, you could move your keyboard to match the table layout and avoid all of the issues outlined above.
    Jim

96 x 60 PRSalpha, 5HP Colombo spindle, Custom indexer, Custom vacuum table, Custom Fire Extinguishing System

Not sure if this helps but I had a reason to change my X & Y 0,0 co-ordinates and also reverse my X and Y axis......why because with my Buddy I wanted to stand on the left and have the X go left to right and Y go front to back and orient with drawings on my computer also sitting to the left of the machine.

With Donna and Brady's help this is what I did.....

Type V1 command in SB3 (control software) and assign driver channel 1 to Y and channel 2 to X
    Type VU command and assign (-) sign to X and leave Y positive
    Then open up control box underneath table and swap X and Y Prix switch signal wires.

This worked for me and so I moved the 0,0 position from the right to the left.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table