Thread: Nothing will move! HELP!

chuck_p Guest

Default Nothing will move! HELP!

Hello, yesterday I was running my two week old PR96 with no problems. I stopped the machine to do a few other things - came back to it about 1.5 hours later (I left the machine on) and none of the axes will move. I tried "M", "J", and keyboard moves. I restarted the computer and control box several times. Nothing moved. The motors make a noise like they are trying to move but can't actually move the machine. The X-axis will stutter but just back and forth in the same spot less than .1" of movement. Power supply?

Also, for what its worth, the output indicators at the top of the screen didn't highlight but I hear the motor trying to move when I issue a move command.

Any thoughts?

I had this problem with my z axis on my PRT. The carriage was binding and causing the stuttering noise. I loosened the v-guides and moved the carriage manually th get it out of the "rut" and everything was fine since.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Guest

Hi Chuck,

Hopefully we've gotten up with you by now to get this one figured out ... we're guessing a blown driver that is shorting out the power supply. But after we get it figured out for sure, I'll report back here for those who may have a similar issue or are interested.

We'll have a new board on the way to you on Monday.

chuck_p Guest

Hi Ted,
    Thanks for the quick response! I did get the board on Tuesday as you said. Boy, I'm pretty impressed with the service response on my first experience. You've set the standard for service! Tremendous!

I installed the driver board without problems and everything seems to be working ok.
    thanks again,
    Chuck