Thread: Shopbot slow running files

Default Shopbot slow running files

Up until recently my BT32 has been running great. Now when I load a cut file it takes a very long time to finish. I did a test piece earlier. Vectric had the estimated cut time as 3:20, it's now at 25 min and still not finished. (Took 30 min for 5 lines of text) It's not that the cutting is slow, it's pausing several seconds between cuts. Sometimes it will pause for 10-20 seconds between each cut. I already updated the control software and it did not change anything. Is this my computer or something else?

Thanks
    Darin

---- Even the Z-zero routine is taking a few minutes. It seems like it dwells at the bottom for a few seconds before returning. Same dwelling while cutting also.
    Last edited by DarinB; 12-03-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Chances are this is not your problem but what is your feed rate set for in your design tool path?

The estimated time in vectric is just something to go by and can be far from accurate
    Last edited by cowboy1296; 12-04-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: add info

This sounds like it is a communication problem to me. Check all connections especially between shopbot and computer. If you use travel drive to transfer files, it could be the drive or the usb port.

what does shopbot preview say

I'm running the vcarve part at 180ipm. I've run the file before and it only takes about 15-20 min for the whole plaque. This time it took about 3 hrs. A Shopbot tech said it was most likely my computer. I'm going to wipe it and reinstall everything.. It doesn't have any design software, just running the bot with it. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

What version of SB3 are you using? Have you done a speed test (v3.6.XX) or your packet ET (v3.8.XX)? If computer was that bad, you have connection issues. Have your multiplier values gotten changed/corrupted? Try doing a reset with UR and choose the defaults for your machine model.
    Scott

I downloaded the most current version from the SB site. After it installed it updated everything..although, I didn't check the values and this file came out at a reduced size.

Did you choose the default setting for your tool? Choose PRS BT32 Alpha or Standard. There is a difference in unit values between the two. If you just installed the latest over the version you were using, do a UR and reset using the proper file. If you have an Alpha, it's ShopBot_PRS_BT32alpha.sbd
    Scott

Scott,
    You're right on that one. I checked the values and they were way off, even though I have an alpha and chose that. I learned the hard way a while back about checking the values. I changed them to the correct values and it's spot on now.

I ended up just creating a new profile on my computer and that solved everything. It must have been something that was taking up ram that was installed earlier. I did a few test runs and the code is flying again.