Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everyone

Started off nice and simple.. No problems so far other than have a couple thou grooves from flycut tool only on right side X+ on spoilboard and some vibration when z axis goes up with vgoove tool..

FOT20B9.jpg

first sign .....ehh its a start

what speed do you have your z set at. seems like i remember what appeared to be a vibration when it was set dead slow. but i am old and can be forgetful.

Nice compared to my very first cut, where I topped out Z and my spoilboard rabbet cut headed to China
    Are all the spoilboard bolts tight? NC humidity might not be the same as yours, and MDF could have shrunk a hair, and you're noticing it on the right side?
    There are certain combo's of Move/Jog speeds that set up resonance(my DT cuts noticeably worse at X,Y Move Speed of 1.3IPS, so I never cut at that speed...1.2 and 1.4IPS are fine).
    Try moving around the table with your MS at various speeds in X,Y,Z and note down any rougher/noisier speeds and avoid those.
    Also, maybe change Z MS to .5IPS for the first month or so until you get used to it? Sometimes a split second can let you hit the Spacebar Pause fast enough to prevent an Aw Sh** moment
    If all speeds in Z vibrate or are noisy there is a solution and shout out, but maybe it's just that one speed.
    Looking good
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Lowered speeds and definitely better..will test it some more just to be sure...thanks..all bolts are tight..rechecked and flycut again and they are still there..very minimal but noticeable...maybe .003-.004..