Thread: Fair houlry rate for an experienced CNC opperator

Default Fair houlry rate for an experienced CNC opperator

Hi Guys,
    Its been a long time since I have been on here. Going thru divorce and trying to not lose my sign business as well. Its pretty bad personal life and business. Anyhow, I am considering selling my 2001 Shopbot PRT with 4G upgrade, laptop, delta dust collector, cyclone seperator, tons of router bit, porter cable router extra porter cable router, tons of extras. What do you think a fair sales price is?

I might sell it to the shop I do CNC cutting for, then when he has projects to cut (only one a week usually) he pays me hourly to toolpath and cut. I would go do this after my business hours, or in middle of day, just depends on my schedule. I am thinking like $6000 of machine, and $25 hr to cut. And I am perfectly fine with training one of his guys to learn to use machine as well.

You may wonder why I would do this, but honestly I need cash and I am trying to cut my shop space in half to save on rent. CNC routing is a small portion of my business so as much as I hate to sell the Bot it might just make sense. I work by myself so getting things cleaned up and organized would help me mentally as well, so I don't feel so overwhelmed every day trieing to go so many directions. Just concentrate back on making vinyl signs and digital printing.. Also no more lifting sheets, his guys would load/unload sheets.

He has offered to buy my whole business and me work for him. I may just do that, but I HAVE GOT to wait until the divorce is final before that. Could be another 6 months to a year? Who knows.

All opinions will be appritiated,
    Dave

Hang in there partner. Stormy skies will clear and the sun will reappear. From reading your stuff you are creative and talented. Don't sell yourself short.