Thread: Adding post processor for other CNCs

Question Adding post processor for other CNCs

I've had a PRT 96x48 Shopbot for about 10 years now and the Shopbot version of V-Carve pro has been great. We currently run v8.024 of the ShopBot version. Recently we acquired a tabletop Shark CNC. The Shark also comes with V-Carve (v7.5), but it is the standard one with the dozens of post Ps for the different manufacturers (including ShopBot). I have quite a few computers in our CAD labs with the Shopbot version so I would like to transfer the PPs of the Shark to those computers. I cannot seem to get the Shopbot V-Carve to recognize the Shark PPs. I copied the Shark PPs and placed them in the application folder of the ShopBot edition which I assumed would work. Anyone have any ideas of why this does not work?

Has ShopBot made their version so that it only works with their PPs? A little annoying as I will probably have to purchase new licenses so that I can get at least a couple of these computers to be able to create files for both machines.
    Thanks,

Tim Combs
    Technical Director
    The Theatre School, DePaul University

The ShopBot version of VCarve Pro only works with ShopBot post-processors. There is an upgrade path from the ShopBot Edition to the full version of VCarve Pro but you would need to contact ShopBot for details. Alternatively you could upgrade the version that came with your Shark to V8 and use that for your machines.

As an educational establishment you should be eligible for the educational licence which I assume you have for the ShopBot version if you have it on multiple computers.

Brian