Thread: Changing safe z in VC (temporarily)

Default Changing safe z in VC (temporarily)

We recently took delivery on a new Desktop Max and are trying to run some rocking chair parts. One difficulty is that we barely have enough z-height to drill alignment holes. Default safe z height is 1" above material surface and that's just a bit too much.

I have tried to find a way to alter the safe z height parameter in VC in sb3 but I can't see how to edit that command. I know that we can set that preference in the toolpath material set-up in Aspire but is it possible to alter the default setting in sb3?

We would prefer not to set the z-zero to the bed surface as opposed to the top of the working material for various reasons.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

David Brannen

Grants Pass High School

www.gphsmanufacturing.org

you could possibly run a "search and replace" in the sbeditor and find all occurences of the offending z height and choose whether to replace or not with your new safe z

Does changing the safe z in SB3 not work. This only comes into play with a MH or JH (move home or jog home) when used in a file or with key commands. As you stated, you can set the clearance and home positions in material setup in Aspire.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

I am having the same issue! I tried changing the safe Z pull up value to 0.5 but it still pulls up to 1.00. I also changed the table limit for max z to 0.7 and no luck there either any other suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

Perhaps another place to check…
    In VCP toolpath side (right hand panel) material setup options.
    SG

Attached Images Attached Images

We ended up going with the suggestion that Steve just made (changing it in the material setup options panel). Worked just fine.

D