Thread: Fabmo

Default Fabmo

Hey all,
    Anyone have any info on the status of the Fabmo "on-board" operating system for the full size tools? I know Shopbot has been working out the bugs on the Handibots before releasing them for the rest. Just hadn't heard anything for awhile.

Thanks,
    Mark

I'm not sure how much has been tested on the larger tools, but I know that it's being used on the two desktop systems besides the HandiBots. I've been running it on my little DIY machine for a year or more and it's coming along nicely and working pretty good. The G2 motion control is really nice. There's a lot of logistical issues to take into consideration with the larger tools and making sure that all the features of SB3 are implemented. That may take quite a while to get all worked out.

If I had a Desktop/Max, I'd use it as my daily driver. On the larger tools, I would try it, but only for testing, not production at this time.
    Scott

I've been testing it in Handibots. It's working really well and I'm really excited for it to come to the larger tools. I agree that the G2 Motion control transformed my Handibot when I converted to FabMo.

Any updates on this thread? Very interested in participating in this implementation. I am looking to source one of the V30X control cards to integrate with my PRT Alpha.