Thread: increasing resolution

Hybrid View

Here is a shot of my machine as it is currently. What you can see here that's different from a standard prt alpha is that I have had the x axis C beams milled flat on a huge logging specialty mill (40'by 8' work area, incredible machine). The bent sheet metal rails are mounted flush with the milled surface. I also installed aluminum darts along that rail to stiffen it. There is an under bed structure made from European birch plywood that also supports the rail along its length. There are BWC hardened rails mounted to the old rails. I have about an inch of clearance between my z axis absolute positive position and a sprinkler head, its a tight squeeze that made me get really creative with the dust extraction hose. I routed it along the cable carrier link belt on an aluminum tray mounted to the rear y axis extrusion beam. One of the oldest mods is the z axis stiffener angles, which also incorporates a fine tune adjustment for vertical z axis alignment. Then lastly I installed these roller blade wheels to see if I could tighten things up and that made a significant improvement to my cut quality and accuracy, but still not to where I would like the machine to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

this will be the bearing and rail system for my z axis I'm currently making, it will free up the 4 BWC v grooves currently on it for the other axis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have some small amount of play at the rear of my y axis, and can force all of my motors out of position with moderate force