Thread: Organizing Clipart and 3D Files

Default Organizing Clipart and 3D Files

Over the few years I've owned my ShopBot I've collected quite a few clipart and 3D files.

I'd like (hopefully easy) way of scanning the directories and creating a PDF file with a thumbnail of each of the files.

My 3D files from Aspire 3.5 came with a PDF file that showed all of them. So I'm wanting something similar to this, anyone know of a way to do this?
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Not sure how this happened but i have over 400 3-d files myself. Sometimes i take organizing and backing up the files to nth degree. Now there maybe a faster way of doing this. But if you open a 3-d file, then highlight it in the modeling tab, then right click on it you can save it as a clipart file and the sort it by name. But when you look in this file you can see what the component is without having to open it in aspire. Now my response may not have answered your question correctly, plus i am assuming that 3.5 will do this, but remember it is the day after Super Bowl Sunday and i might be slightly impaired.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have Aspire 4.5 now, but I'm trying to find a way to do it without opening each file.

If I look at the directory in Windows and set it for one of the Icon View, I see each shape.

I've sorted my files by where I get them and by categories to make it easier to find, but with 20+ directories and 1600 files it's a bit unmanageable to keep up with what I have. I find it easier to just flip thru a PDF file with all the pictures till I find what I want.

Hoping there is a way to import the preview thumbnail into a PDF file or any file like work that I can then flip thru to find what I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net