Thread: shopbot link and norton

Bentley's Custom Woodshop, Lower Burrell Pa.

Default shopbot link and norton

Hello
    Has anyone had any problems with the shopbot link 1.21.3. I installed it and when I open it Norton anti virus removed it I am running windows 10
    Thank You

Alan...
    I have never been able to use ANY antivirus successfully on a control computer, especially with SB Link and direct send to the control software. I suggest you remove the AV and disconnect from the internet if you desire a reliable control computer.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Dido what Gary said. Your control computer should be just that. Not connected to the internet, not getting updated regularly. I'm running on a version of Windows 7 with no updates to it in 5 years. It's not broke so I'm not going to let Windows fix it. I have SBControl, SBLink and Aspire and that's it on the machine. No AV software. Runs great and doesn't have comms lost problems.

Not sure how Windows 10 will behave without internet connectivity. When I tried Windows 10 a couple of years ago on my main computer, it seemed to have fits if it couldn't find the internet. Removed it, went back to Windows 7 and life is good.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Bentley's Custom Woodshop, Lower Burrell Pa.

The problem is on the design computer. The control computer is just for the shopbot. It has windows 7
    Thank You

I use Windows 7 and Windows AV on my design computer and have not had any problems with any programs. I use SBLink on my design computer to print nesting layout sheets when cutting parts as my in shop control computer does not have a printer attached.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by abentley View Post
    The problem is on the design computer. The control computer is just for the shopbot. It has windows 7
    Thank You
    Norton will flag programs that aren't used by a lot of people as bad / suspect and quarantine / delete them. Usually if you are quick with the mouse when you first run it you can click on the Norton popop (down by the clock) and tell it to allow the program. That's what I have to do for some custom software Norton doesn't recognize. There might be another way thru the Norton control panel to tell it SB link is safe.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net