Thread: Profile 1/8" Off?

Default Profile 1/8" Off?

I have a SB Buddy Standard 32". I noticed that my outside profile cuts are off by 1/8" smaller. I triple checked my numbers, cut 3 more profiles and they were all off by 1/8".

Using:
    1/4" bit (checked with digital caliper)
    PC router
    Speed 2ips
    No offset allowance selected
    Outside selected
    Checked the size of the square 4.5 x 4.5
    Checked the solid preview of the toolpath--its right on
    Checked sbp file and it indicates a 4.5 cutting length

What am I missing?
    See photos

Profile toolpath.JPGProfile Close Up.JPGSBP File.JPG

that is a bit much but there is always slop in the machine os using a climb cut and a regular cut will take care of most of it. so do two passes climb and the fish cut regular one pass and see.

I had something like this happen to me one time; all seemed entered correctly for the bit that I had selected, but my cuts were off, like a different size bit was entered. It turned out that my .25" bit was "Selected", but, somehow, I had "Edited" that bit to a value of something like .1875" dia. How this happened, I don't know, and I don't know why I would have done that. But, I changed the Edit back to the same as the Selected, and all was well...joe

Thanks for your help guys. It stumped me all night, was driving me crazy. And guess what.... the measuring tape I was using after the cut was off!!!! Unbelievable. Check EVERYTHING Boys & Girls!!!