Thread: Cable Track Manager and vacuum shoe

Default Cable Track Manager and vacuum shoe

Anyone here have a recommendation for one of those Cable MGMT drag Chains for the Y & X axis?

I'm not able to use the stock plastic bow looking cable manager due to height restrictions

I have an older PRT Alpha and know there are quite a few of them.

I'm also looking for recommendations on vacuum shoes for a Columbo spindle, my old stock one has seen better days and has multiple cuts and holes where it's no longer efficient

Thanks Everyone!
    The Sign Syndicate.com
    Electric Sign Community

Some people use the corrugated black pipe to run their cables through

Default vac chain

posted a few years back... still no problems....

Have only had this up and working for about a week, but I decided that a 7 foot overall height was a bit much for my six inch Z.

I placed some split shop-vac hose on a 1 x 1 aluminum c-channel from an old 6' wide vertical blind. Had to drill a few small bracket holes in the bot but such it goes.

The wires fit inside easily and the 110 from the router is taped to the outside of the hose and rides down into the channel. It takes a little E-Tape, but works very well so far. Some extra wire inside the curve makes the arch a bit stiffer.

Not quite e-chain, but seems to be OK for a town this size. Cost seems to be somewhere around $12.

The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Quote Originally Posted by wcsg View Post
    Anyone here have a recommendation for one of those Cable MGMT drag Chains for the Y & X axis?
    McMaster-Carr

I bought 2 from Amazon and snapped them together for my x axis https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

i just put e chain on my x and y .
    I havnt used it since