Thread: Unist MQL mister report

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

Default Unist MQL mister report

I have had a Unist MQL mister on my machine for about 3 years now and I will tell you they work great for machining aluminum. Do a google search for Unist MQL system they have some video of the system. The best thing is you get lube for the bit but the chips are dry. When I first got the system and machined aluminum with my router I covered the LDF vacuum spoil board with plastic because I was afraid the oily chips would damage my spoil board but the chips are dry I don't even bother to cover the spoil board anymore and there is no residue left by the chips when I clean them off. The MQL system is not a normal mist system it uses very small quantities of a special oil. I just want to let you know this is a great way to cut aluminum with a router. I have no connection to this company and have no financial gain by recommending them to you.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSojli2LDtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=8GjjKbN33-M
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Sounds interesting- I would cut more alum if it was easier [I have easy access to alum drops]- for the low-end occasional user, what price range are we talking? Thanks Gene

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

If I remember right it was about $1300 I had it added when I bought a new fairly expensive industrial router. I will let you know I just requested a quot for my CNC bed mill. I have been using a Koolmist lube system on my bed mill but it makes a mess and puts a lot of mist in the air to breathe I have flood coolant on the bed mill but being an open machine and designing several bed enclosures I have given up on flood it goes everywhere and just can't be contained on the machine.
    Last edited by gundog; 03-13-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC