Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Computer Geeks! Need advice.

Default computer survey

This might be an endless question ... but

1) What operating system are most using to operate their ShopBots?

2) Are all releases of ShopBot software now designed to work on Windows 7 or above ?

3) Who uses what type of design software ?

Seems like a "simple user survey" of the Forum would be interesting,
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Hi Mark

Did you find the problem? are you up and running now?

Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Quote Originally Posted by curtiss View Post
    This might be an endless question ... but

1) What operating system are most using to operate their ShopBots? Board version 2.04 Runs with Win 7

2) Are all releases of ShopBot software now designed to work on Windows 7 or above ? IDK

3) Who uses what type of design software ? Aspire

Seems like a "simple user survey" of the Forum would be interesting,
    I've been told that may board should not be allowing me to use USB and Win 7, but it does. IDK how or why it was setup like this when I purchased the machine.
    Tom Bachman,
    Drafting/Woodworking Instructor RETIRED!
    Lakin, Kansas

2001 PRT4896
    https://i.imgur.com/xWEFfDk.jpg

"4. Sacrifice two chickens and a goat and try again."

I always do this first........seems to work everytime.

Just out of curiosity, what business field are you leaving and what do you plan on doing full time with the Bot?
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Tim, I was never really down but the stress of restarting a file in the middle of a carving or sculptured panel is not my favorite thing. Even after re-zeroing and using "goto" there is always a change of an error. Also, on the last stoppage when the bot stopped and the spindle shut off, the code kept running until I could get it shut down. I really had no idea what line it stopped on so I had to do a calculated guess. All worked out OK this time. I just don't have time for these kinds of problems to occur on a regular basis.

guitarwes, I have been the project manager / VP for a medium sized custom homebuilder for the last 23 1/2 years. I have had my LLC open since 2012 doing a mix of commercial products both in plastics and wood. I make medical products, stencils, MDF cabinet doors and wainscoting, and various marine products to name a few. My goal is to be a manufacturer/ fabricator of various products and stay as far away from the end-users (homeowners) that have been a pain in my rear-side most of my life. I have also been a cabinetmaker since I was 12, but that doesn't pay that well in the local market.

Cool. Good luck. I've been in the healthcare field the past 15 years and am transitioning into full time industrial plastic parts production here shortly as soon as my shop expansion is finished. I also do wood stuff to keep me busy in between jobs.

Seems like Gainesville would be a good market.......but I don't live or work there. Probably a cabinet shop on every corner?
    Have you looked in to fabbing signage for sign shops?
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!