Thread: 3d file help

Hybrid View

Angry 3d file help

I am trying to import a 3D file and cut it in half so I can cut both pieces and glue them up to make a full 3D part. Where I am having an issue is that the part is round and when it cuts it out it leaves a 3/8 shoulder/flat around the part.

I have modeled it and tried everything I can think of and yet it still shows the flat in preview mode which translates to on the part as well.20170315_142633.jpg

I tried to attach the Aspire file but even zipped it is to large. I will gladly e-mail it or attach if someone can explain how and willing to help.

v/r

Robert

Try deleting the toolpaths, then save and zip to see if it is small enough. Make yourself a backup first.

You cannot cut anything that is considered an undercut in the file. If you imported a 3D model, you have the option of splitting it and importing both sides.
    Scott

Scott, Without the tool path it is still to large, and even the .obj file i am trying to use is to big to attach.

my e-mail is bayswooddesigns.com if you want to reply to that and I will try and send the files through e-mail

Probably to large for email too then. Got a Google Drive, Outlook, or Dropbox account?
    Scott