Thread: 2002 Shopbot Benchtop PRT For sale w/ various updates!

Default 2002 Shopbot Benchtop PRT For sale w/ various updates!

Hey everyone,

I have a Shopbot benchtop PRT for sale w/ some various upgrades. Located in Chicago, IL (60630).

Asking $4000 o.b.o. Some specs:

* The machine has a working area of around 32x24x6 (x,y,z respectively).
    * The machine is similar to the Shopbot buddy in that it has a moving deck for the Y axis. Machine weight is around 250-300lbs.
    * Kent CNC Dust Shoe included for 4" dust collection
    * Pinions have little use (with a new Z axis pinion included) and older ones just in case.
    * Porter Cable 75182 3.25HP router (new bearing put in recently, was told brushes were fine)
    * Pair of wrenches for changing bits

The control box is really where this machine has had new life breathed into it. Just recently completed, it is currently running a v212 (latest version) shopbot control card with a custom Shopbot desktop interface board, and has 4 Gecko 250x drivers that have been tuned with heatsinks attached. The 4th driver isn't necessary on this 3 axis machine, but provided and could be used for rotary work (for example) if desired. The DT board can accommodate 5 axes, and each axis has a separate two pin resistor input for swapping the current set resistor if the steppers motors were ever changed. The ribbon cable from the control card to the I/O board has a micro usb attachment. This would be used for a future upgrade to the FabMo setup if desired/available (but otherwise doesn't need touching). The desktop I/O board has on board inputs to use a contactor or relay for powering a router or spindle, and of course has plenty of other general purpose input/outputs for proximity sensors, z-zero, probe, etc. The upgrade allows for the latest version of the Shopbot control software to be used. It is similar to the older v4g upgrade in that it still runs off a
    48v switching DC power supply but is using a bit more modern hardware. The resolution change from the original PRT board is around 3x higher (unit values at 2291.8311 w/ the 10x microstepping).

A good old steel workhorse with modern guts. Feel free to PM me with questions. Compare this to another benchtop that was recently posted in Illinois that is running off the original control hardware - https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tls/6047934186.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Picture of the inside of the control box. The machine is still using the original ATX tower (though no longer requires the atx power supply that is in there). This could easily be changed to a smaller case if you really wanted to, though the extra space may be nice if you're adding in relays or additional items.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump...Need to move this fairly soon. Price drop to $3600 (I can also provide a computer, PM for details).

Bump. Price drop to $3300. If you're looking to get into a machine without breaking the bank, this is it. This is functionally on par with a Buddy BT32.

Bump. Price drop to $3000.

where are you in chicago Im in burbank can I come see it if its still available

Quote Originally Posted by rtngolf View Post
    where are you in chicago Im in burbank can I come see it if its still available
    PM was sent

Can you email me please?