Thread: Any way to hide the A axis but still show B axis?

Default Any way to hide the A axis but still show B axis?

I have a second Z that I am using for a Jtech Laser module and its setup on B Axis. Couldn't Make it work on the A axis for whatever reason.
    Anyway, Just wanting a way to only have 4 axis showing instead of the 5th which I don't use.

As your question is asked, answer is no.

If the question is "Can I show only 4 axes and have the 4th be the rotary", then yes. Caveat is that you have to rewrite all post P's and other files replacing "B" with "A"

Don't ask how I know. "My Friend" got ALMOST all the files modified on the first time thru.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

"Almost all" thats almost good enough.

Luckily this is a new add-on. Have not finished the post yet. As I have yet to find a great diagram of the PRK box that shows in detail what H5 and H6 connectors are for I am stuck basically using the instructions for adding a rotary

Lets try it worded this way:

Is there a diagram of the H5 and H6 driver connectors that would should how to connect a second Z (not a Rotary), just a Z2 (duplicate of Z). I don't really care if the Axis says "A" or "B" other than I'd rather show only the Axis that I am using. Tried hooking it up according to shopbot documentation for adding a Rotary. I did change the units though to match existing Z. Only way I can get it to be controllable is to hook it up as the B axis...... Which bugs me as I have the A axis sitting there in the menu doing nothing

Look at the jumper connections on H5 and H6. You need to have the jumpers for step and direction to driver channel 5. I assume you have 6 jumpered now. You should be able to leave all your current connections as they are, move your jumpers to channel 5 and then define 4 axes in the VD settings
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein