Thread: Date, Time and Elapsed Time functions

Default Date, Time and Elapsed Time functions

Dear All

In a Part File I'm writing I would like to record the 'date' and 'time' of an activity. What would be DATE$() and TIME$() in Basic or Organiser Programming Language.

Does anyone know what the functions or variables are for these values? I've looked in my (2010 supplied) programming handbook to no avail. They must be somewhere they are displayed on the console.

I suppose if you are in the know then the 'elapsed time' might come in useful also if you don't mind.

I thank anyone in anticipation of their help in this matter

Yours sincerely and in good faith
    Martin Reid
    Blackburn
    Lancashire
    UK

I must admit that I've never used them, but according to the Programming Manual (page 39 in the current manual) the Date is system variable 146 and the Time is system variable 147.

Would not part file logging do what you need? If turned on, the log file is updated with date and time each time a file is run.
    Scott

Dear Bill and Scott

I clicked [Reply to Thread] I hope that's right!

Thank you for your responses chaps

Bill in my manual (SBG00314101005ProgHandWin.doc) for (Shopbot Control Software Version 3.6.38) the system variables are listed on pages 34 to 36. This lists system variables up to 115 although it is possible to call up to %(122). The last one listed with a value is %(109) = Mode #4 = -1 to -4

Scott you are right that part file logging records the date and time, so does problem.log and shopbot.ini so the value must be somewhere!

Perhaps there is some way of calling the DOS %DATE% function? I say this because the FS command (FS - File, Set the PARTS File Directory) can use the old DOS directory structure for example (C:\Partfi~1\Tempfi~1\Cutter~1\) so there is some interaction between Part Files and DOS (or Windows)

Anyway thank you again for your help and patience with this matter.

Yours sincerely
    Martin Reid

PS Bill - I think we've met! Did you accompany Ted when he visited Blackburn here in the U.K. for a shopbot camp?