Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arcade Cabinet design and build

Very clever Eric.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Joe, the actual arcade cabinet files aren't ready to be published just yet... I've got to clean them up before I do that. If you just want that connector you can get the exact connector here:

https://blog.sketchup.com/article/ge...tchup-sawhorse

That guide shows how to make my sawhorses which use that exact same weld nut. It's pretty simple actually, it just a .6" deep T shaped slot with an opposing hole drilled in the adjacent panel. If you're clever, you can make the bolt slot long enough to accomodate different bolts. I make these sawhorses for my shop out of scrap so I end up using different bolts I've got lying around...

Cool

Alright folks, I've shared a few bits and pieces of this build, but here you can see it in it's entirety. It's headed to a shipping crate and off to Texas tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/yK8T7HLZfgs

This was definitely the most fun thing I've built in a long time. All the hours spent hacking a fog machine, tweaking a computer, and all of the other work was absolutely worth it!

This is a cool implementation. This is the kind of kiosk you mark as a must visit in a trade show when you see it.

Nicely done.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

What smoke unit did you hack. I have similar needs for smoke! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Quote Originally Posted by chiloquinruss View Post
    What smoke unit did you hack. I have similar needs for smoke! Russ
    I just used a cheap one off of Amazon. I paid under 40 bucks for it.

The one I used had a long cabled remote to activate it. I took apart the remote and found that all that it was was a low voltage normally open button. I soldered some wires into it and connected them to the relay.

Getting the fog to go though the pipe was way harder. Fog doesn't like to turn corners. It also doesn't like to travel down pipe very far. I had to put an Inline fan in the pipe to force the fog through the tubes. I also had to drill air inlet holes in between the fog machine and the fan to make it all work. It's not hard but it took a lot of fooling around on the bench to get to dialed in.

Wonderful job Eric!!
    You brought it together VERY neatly!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Thanks Kahos and Scott! I can't wait to do another!

Well I thought it would end up cool but I guess I was wrong.
    It is waaaaaay cool!

Eric, thanks for the reply. I'm 'da train guy' so always looking for ways to make smoke (without the flames!). Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy