Thread: what materials can the red hawk plastic nailer nail?

Default what materials can the red hawk plastic nailer nail?

can it go through 3/4" or 1" batch birth or even 1/2" what about walnut?

I use the Omer nail gun and 1 1/4" raptor nails. It is very useful. It will shoot through 3/4" plywood. I find I need to drill a small pilot hole when shooting through 3/4" hardwoods like maple. The nails hold well. I've not used it in any 1" material.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

baltic is so much harder so thats why I am wondering. right now I only need it for 1/2" walnut.

Good question, i like the option of the plastic nails for hold downs. dont have to worry about bits hitting the nails. i also went the omer and raptor route but after years of usage, my omer needs servicing. Any suggestions of where i can get my air nailer serviced in the seattle area.

so i bought the red hawk and it works fine. granted i only have tried it with pine. i also had to get used to the nail head protruding from the material. the manufacture states that this protrusion is normal as they do not want to countersink the nail head. so with this in mind i going to purchase longer nails for hardwoods

I called them and they were not sure about baltic birch. what I need it most for is walnut I will test everything else and report back. senco is making a gun and nails too. they partnered with red hawk and the nails work for both guns. but they are about 13.00 more a box for nails with a senco label on them the guy is 70.00 more.