Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVC Pipe Jig

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    yes to make a jig to really hold the pipe well to drill will take some work and some setup time. cant see it being practical.
    Well I did actually make the jig rendered in the last couple of images. Just isn't as efficient as I hoped it would be. Takes about 3 minutes to load/unload the pipes and fittings just to drill the 8 holes. If we were pumping out a lot of these, I could justify having two jigs, one running on the bot while I unload/reload the other to increase production. But since I'll just be making a dozen or so at a time, it doesn't make sense and the drill press will be quicker. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAPT_Shop-Brady View Post
    Well I did actually make the jig rendered in the last couple of images. Just isn't as efficient as I hoped it would be. Takes about 3 minutes to load/unload the pipes and fittings just to drill the 8 holes. If we were pumping out a lot of these, I could justify having two jigs, one running on the bot while I unload/reload the other to increase production. But since I'll just be making a dozen or so at a time, it doesn't make sense and the drill press will be quicker. Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    yes where you said a lot I was thinking hundreds. yes one person could not keep both going. I can work out a jig that only takes 10 seconds at most to reload it but it would be work to set it up and the rpms issue may cause issues too.

As much as I would LOVE to do EVERYTHING on the Bot, a wise man on the SB forum once said, "Just because you have a hammer, not everything needs to be a nail."
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarwes View Post
    As much as I would LOVE to do EVERYTHING on the Bot, a wise man on the SB forum once said, "Just because you have a hammer, not everything needs to be a nail."
    Great point!
    falloutvaultboythumbsup.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by guitarwes View Post
    yep sometimes a hard lesson to learn.