Thread: butcher block counter top with undermount sink

Default butcher block counter top with undermount sink

My tennants wanted a new sink and they paid for it so i cut the opening for the sink and put in the butcher block countertops and it fit perfectly! Backsplash is not installed yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I have cut enough of those. I hate the stress of doing it 20 minutes of making sure it is right 5 minutes of stress. I now charge 120.00 for a sink cutout.

NICE Jack!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    I have cut enough of those. I hate the stress of doing it 20 minutes of making sure it is right 5 minutes of stress. I now charge 120.00 for a sink cutout.
    Oh man "20 minutes of making sure it is right" ​...It was longer then that for me because they brought me the material and i only had about 1/2" clearance back to front and i thought i was going to have to cut the window ledge back but i got it right.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    Oh man "20 minutes of making sure it is right" ​...It was longer then that for me because they brought me the material and i only had about 1/2" clearance back to front and i thought i was going to have to cut the window ledge back but i got it right.
    I was talking for only the hole or maybe the outside too. I don't install it and I have to hope they got the drawing right and in the right location. or I have to draw it in the right location from a dxf I found online (G) just so much stress for such a small cut.

Hopkins Cabinetry Design & Sales, LLC, Villa Rica Ga

Nice look with the under mount!
    Years ago I had a drop in standard sink in butcher block to cut out. We had a nice jig for the post formed tops to use with a router and coller. Well thick hard maple not a good match. I had marked many and cut with jigsaw , 32 1/4" x 21 1/4" and a coffee cup for marking the corners. So the owner of the shop said no to the 1/4" only the full inch and would not take my word.

Let' say cutting an 1/8" off all the way around 1 1/2" maple is not at all fun.