Thread: Legacy Conversational Cam on a Shopbot?

Default Legacy Conversational Cam on a Shopbot?

Does anyone use Legacy's Conversational Cam to create turned parts on your Shopbot? I don't think it saves the part file as a .sbp but it would save a file that can be read by a shopbot. I know there would be some limitations but i'd like to know if anyone has done this?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack...
    In today's world using conversational cam would be the single most difficult way to develop any turned profile. With the advances in Vectric software over the last few years, all of that can be done with VCarve Pro. Plus the added benefit that the design portion done in Legacy's original "Leg" video can be viewed in 3D, assuming Aspire is used. That said, all operations in that video can be toolpathed and cut using VCarve Pro.

Here is a link to a video of a similar leg I made with a little machine I made for Jim McGrew's Aspire gathering in 2016.

https://youtu.be/QGKMXzrw-9Y
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I think i need to get reaquainted with my indexer. I haven't done anything in over a year. The problem i have is that to my knowledge vectric cuts using a 3d carving technique rather then a raster toolpath making things take hours to cut instead of minutes.
    When i had my Legacy ornamental manual mill i could make tapered or spiraled or profiled legs faster. I guess i need to get updated on what's out there and what it can do....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Faster than this?: https://youtu.be/9bLnP9R7bE0

You can round, cut add flutes or even 3D to rotary work with VCPro now. And you don't have to draw vectors in a 3rd party CAM application, nor do you have to enter the points manually for each portion of the cut
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I use Aspire and I can round or taper quickly. Toolpath options are the same on the rotary as on flat work. I have no experience with "Conversational Cam" but I dislike entering the cut at the machine because it seems too easy to screw up in real time. I prefer seeing it on the computer screen and being able to stresslessly correct it if necessary.