Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photovcarve test run

I have been using the bottom left as zero as well. I only have encountered the problem with that one cut. I may have messed up on the dimensions. I will try again later today.

Thanks

I had success. This was with a 1/8 in round nose. I found that the issue I was having was I used an offset that was not just perfect. Now it is time to mix and match and get it to be better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As Jack has said, your actual piece of material should be the dimensions in your drawing. If I am using a piece that is smaller than my table, I go measure what I have and then enter that in my drawing. What ever corner or center you use in your drawing, you must use at the machine. As far as off sets and table zero X and Y, I wouldn't use anything preset. Put your material where you want it and move your cutter to the 0 point you show in your drawing and zero both your X and Y (Look at the Zero drop down), (I use the arrow keys to move around the table), (Settings, Key Pad Control) and then zero your Z as you show in your drawing and you are set. As you can see from the design software, your material must be parallel to the X and Y axes of the machine and X and Y must correspond with each other. I hope this is of some help...joe

Default help with Photo V Carve lithophane

pitting Benzle 2.jpgAny help would be wonderful. We ae getting a lot of pitting. We're using Photo V Carve

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbenzle View Post
    pitting Benzle 2.jpgAny help would be wonderful. We ae getting a lot of pitting. We're using Photo V Carve

thanks
    Not exactly clear what it is you are trying to do, what tooling/settings you are using ect. Offhand, that does not even appear to be a lithophane.
    Doug

What does it look like when you hold it up to a light.