Thread: Bistro table

Default Bistro table

My customer asked for a “Bistro table” and chairs for a small apartment… whatever that is! Bistro table that is. That’s all the parameters I was given… Oh, and it needed to be white.

This is what I made…
    Its’s made from 12mm Baltic birch. The compound angle of the stool legs calculated to 44.472°, I figured that was awful close to 45° so I cut that vector with a 90° V-bit. The table pedestal legs are two layers thick, they meet at 120° each so I cut the mating vector of each laver with a 60° V-bit. The table apron was kerf cut on the bot 3/8” deep every 5/8” to allow the radius.

I was very pleased with how well this version 1 set came together! So was the client… I think. With a pleased look on his face he said “ you pulled this design right out of your butt!” Is that how a millennial says “Neat!” or “groovy”?

SG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't forget what i think is the best descriptor for this design........"FAR OUT, MAN!" very cool Steve.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Looks "Cool" to me.

I would certainly put that set in the 'artsy' category, well done. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

That looks great Steve. You always seem to turn any project into an "interesting project"..

Groovy, Daddy...joe

Did you do the stool legs as one big cut and fold at the corners or are all 4 sides separate then glued up?

Looks great.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Wes…
    Although I often cut mitered boxes on the bot, I never even gave it a thought here!

Generally, my purpose in mitering is to have the grain continue from one face to the next. Since the table was painted white, that wasn’t a consideration.

Just for grins, I laid it out to see if it would have been practical to do it that way… yup!

SG
    Attached Images Attached Images