Thread: Setteling down a tree.

Default Setteling down a tree.

The photo below is a clear example of one of my mistakes. This occurred several years ago and I only wish I knew where the panel was today and I'd gather up my brushes and fix it. I seem to remember it was shipped to Texas. Frisco, I think.

Tree's are a common subject on sign panels but so are many other objects that need to be grounded. This one has the tree floating. It really needs to a base to be along the bottom. And along the bottom it should have a soft. That would make the whole thing much more realistic.

Joe

Attached Images Attached Images

I always enjoy looking at your signs Joe. Nice color and excellent shading. Very readable.

I learn something everytime you post. Thanks Joe.

I like your other sign mockups also that you recently posted. Some of those look high dollar.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Hey joe, what font is the "Pleasant Oaks"?
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8

Mistake?????? Looks darn good to me.

Thanks fellows.

One of the enjoyments I find in this craft is there are always ways to improve. I now, gremis at what I thought at the time was a good solution to a problem, and return a few years later to realize it could have been done better. For me, just I'm sure as with you guys, I have to push the envelope. Which means making occasional mistakes. At the time I was so pleased with the tree, I didn't notice it was floating off the background. If only I had given it delicate shadow under those branches and leaves the whole thing would appear more unified and visually pleasing. If I knew where that panel was today I'd pack up my brushes.

Wes,
    The font you ask about is "Mirage". It comes in several weights from Letterhead Fonts.com. If you choose to visit their website they have a free type tester. There my favorite font supplier.

Best to all.

Thanks Joe.

I wish my mistakes were as graceful and good looking as yours.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8

It's a magic floating tree. Looks fine. I have seen this before and was impressed by the whole sign. I never saw any flaw with the tree. (which rhymes with OCD) :-)

I don't understand your fix. Do you mean you would put the same shadow that is around the border around the tree?

rb99,

I'm not sure I could do anything other than take the JPB into Photoshop and work on it there. That's not a fair request.

Please show us what you are making. I visited your personal information which doesn't let us know anything about you. I see you post often but it would help us to know more about your skill level and what you're doing. Do you not want us to know who you are?