Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Your Dust Shoe!

Default Show Your Dust Shoe!

I think it would be a great for Shopbotters to see all the dust shoes and how they are plumbed all this thread. So if you would, please post some pics of your dust shoe. Comments about it's design, material and functionality would really help out as well. Thanks!

Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I redesigned this one after my z upgrade lighter and I can raise and lower it. thats boon to getting good duct collection with a short brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is one from YouTube that has some interesting features. I would rather use clear plastic, not plywood though.

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

That is an interesting concept with the billow type material used for adjustment great idea.
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Thanks for the posts guys. I find myself designing a new dust foot for my machine. I lose way too much of the airflow, and therefore it is not an aggressive chip pick up system (IMO)- so I want to try to limit the inflow area and increase the velocity so that it will pick up more chips... time will tell, I guess!

Monty

Is it important to have a large diameter vacuum hose? Are there problems using Shopvac hose? I have little room for the hose...

Quote Originally Posted by MogulTx View Post
    Thanks for the posts guys. I find myself designing a new dust foot for my machine. I lose way too much of the airflow, and therefore it is not an aggressive chip pick up system (IMO)- so I want to try to limit the inflow area and increase the velocity so that it will pick up more chips... time will tell, I guess!

Monty
    I have 3" then to 4" and then to 6" pipe I used to have 6" hose to the 3" but the weight of the hose caused problem. I have really good airflow and I can shave my table with the 2.5" bit and no dust flies.

What about chunks jamming up the hose at the foot?

that happens if I am pocketing with the grain. but those are so long I don't think 4" will make much difference. it usually jams at the entrance and they are longer then 4" in in all practically getting 4" in the prt is just too much unless you go out the back and there are just too man things in the way.