Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "moderator needs to approve post" ?

Default "moderator needs to approve post" ?

Earlier this week I posted a new thread "Crib Board Gift" and got a message that it would be posted when the Moderator approved it?
    STILL haven't seen it....and just got the same thing when I posted a reply in "Playing with Firewood"

MODERATOR.....What am I doing wrong, and when will these be posted?

I admit the Walnut on the crib board was indecent at $5bf, but I make them so rarely that I was kinda proud of that board

Just wondering if I should try to repost?
    Thanks!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Scott:
    I got the same message when my computer updated awhile back… they never appeared. Re-posted, and everything was back to normal…
    Maybe just a glitch from the upgrade I did?
    SG

Then there was also a short time when I couldn’t imbed the photos

Thanks Steve.
    That would be a PITA as I rambled on a bit like I do
    Computer had just done that major Win10 update that first day, and Kaspersky just needed to reboot right after today's "Firewood" post. Hmmm.
    Just going to add some pics of that Walnut crib board Dad wanted made for his friend to see if it happens again.
    Thanks again!
    scottBBOARD BACK 1 CHAIR.jpgBBOARD BACK 3.jpgBBOARD BACK front.jpgBBOARD BACK.jpgBBOARD BACK Lady1.jpg
    scott P.
    Maine

That's a really cool cribbage board! I had a friend attempt one with my drill press a week ago on a piece of juniper that ended in disaster. I'm really looking forward to playing with the shopbot!
    Just because I know nothing about it operation, may I ask how long the design took, and what was the cut time? Thanks for sharing, Scott!

Thanks Randy,
    The design was a bunch of different stuff from previous crib boards a few years ago, and before I knew very, and knew NOTHING about layers and associating toolpaths with layers...so really can't say the design time now.
    I got the William Morris "Lady in the Woods" from another Shopbotter(Thanks Rick), and I used a new bit I'd never used before and was VERY conservative as this is a one of, and had no more Walnut with that kind of figure and didn't want to botch it!
    Here's a pic of this laptop's file cut times....I tweaked everything on the control computer and that's down because I have thunderstorms around me, and all electronics are shut down...BUT it's within a few minutes.
    Of course I ran all toolpaths twice as it was a gift that reflected on my Dad, and wanted the cleanest cuts I could get.
    The fonts and pocket for the leather feet on the back took maybe a total of 2 hours to run everything twice, as the smaller the font...the slower I go to reduce any tearout.
    For production you could probably tweak it down a fair amount after testing, for the basic design.
    No problem at all
    scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

SHOOT! "Moderator needs........" again
    Did a nice explanation of why one ofs take longer.
    But here were the rough times.
    This is frustrating!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Scott...
    what browser are you using? If I remember correctly, I changed to chrome when it started to work correctly.

Using Firefox Steve...dislike Chrome myself, but may change browser if this keeps up
    Funny...been using Firefox since I started here.

Steve...got a new acquaintance in Texas...and he had a bunch of Mesquite blow downs at his deer camp in West Texas last month...he thought it wasn't any good for carving...was it you that said Mesquite was one of your favorite 3D woods?
    Thanks.
    scott P.
    Maine

There were a handful of posts stuck in there, waiting for moderation. Not a clue why but I think I released all the ones that were somewhat current.

Yes, Scott, I love working with Mesquite!

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...as-presents%85
    The problem with Mesquite is getting large enough pieces to build anything substantial… It grows as a weed in open fields and cattle won’t eat it. Ranchers must mow or burn it periodically. Only the stuff along creek beds doesn’t get mowed or burned and gets enough water to grow big enough to be useful. Mesquite sap wood is a bright yellow and contrasts nicely with the rich browns and reds of the heartwood. Next to Osage Orange, Mesquite is the toughest, most stable wood I know of… Plus unlike Osage Orange, it doesn’t throw sparks when you cut it!

SG