Ramping issue is my best guess for this problem, but I really have no idea, so I'm coming to the forum to ask.

Anyone ever seen a problem like this? We are using rectangles as male inserts for an alignment system on our cutting table, but the edges leading into the corners are showing some really wacky curves where there should be straight lines. My best guess is the machine is ramping down in speed to go into the corner, and the line is getting altered. This happens on 3 of the 4 corners. I'd have to watch it over again, but I can say with probably 95% accuracy that the start/stop corner is the clean one, and my guess is that as the motors are ramping down to turn the 90 degree corner, something wonky is happening and is altering the line. Needless to say, it's not helping our alignment system!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jeff

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Should've stated our equipment. We are running a 4 footer 3-axis (though we have an entirely separate Y-Car with separate A/B axes), using Aspire. This problem shows up regardless of the resolution that the job is set up at.