Thread: Indexer for Shopbot Buddy

Default Indexer for Shopbot Buddy

I am thinking about adding an indexer to my 48" Buddy. It looks like the Z axis will be kind of limiting in what I can do.
    At one time there was talk about an extended Z axis. Is this available? I can not see anything on the Shopbot site.
    I need to make a quantity of table legs that will be about 29 inches long. The Shopbot Indexer looks like it would do that job for me. any suggestions?

I have no experience with the Z extension, but there is such an upgrade available. I believe it gets you 9 1/2" of Z. We just received the desktop with the indexer, and I haven't done much more than unpack it. I got a quote for the additional Z, but haven't decided if it's necessary yet. I'll send you a private message with the email address, and you should be able to take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    I am thinking about adding an indexer to my 48" Buddy. It looks like the Z axis will be kind of limiting in what I can do.
    At one time there was talk about an extended Z axis. Is this available? I can not see anything on the Shopbot site.
    I need to make a quantity of table legs that will be about 29 inches long. The Shopbot Indexer looks like it would do that job for me. any suggestions?
    You can raise your Buddy gantry by 3". Look in the Buddy forum, I did it a few years back. I dont use an indexer, but I have a vacuum deck thats 2 1/2" thick, and can still machine 5" square pieces under my spindle now.

It was no more involved than buyign some 1.5"x3" extrusion and some plates and raising everything up. The thread covers it well enough.

I wouldnt go back to the stock config.