Thread: User Created items and the Cost Sheet

Default User Created items and the Cost Sheet

New eCab user here- trying to learn and figure everything out.

I'm currently designing a kitchen and getting ready to bid it, but while working out all the costs I noticed that I had some unexplained "user created" costs showing up in the cost sheet. I did some exploring and figured out that it was specifically the display object images for the range top ($357) and the double sink basin ($250) that were showing up. Other display objects that I've added- such at the refrigerator and a single basin sink- don't seem to be adding anything to the cost.

So how do I get these items to show up for presentation purposes, but not show up on the cost sheet? Can you edit the price of display objects anywhere?

And on a related note, I have a few other hardware items that I would like to add to the cost sheet (specifically a couple of lazy-susans and some other Rev-a-Shelf hardware) but I can't figure out if there's a way to add specific items like that to the job cost sheet.

Thank you in advance, and I'm sure you'll be seeing more questions from me over the upcoming weeks!

Hi,

You may want to try asking this on Thermwood's Ecabinets forum:

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/
    Nat Wheatley
    Plymouth Custom Closets
    www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Quote Originally Posted by nat_wheatley View Post
    Hi,

You may want to try asking this on Thermwood's Ecabinets forum:

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/
    Thank you, I will do that.

If you take the cabinet into the cabinet editor, on the right-hand side there are a bunch of blue tabs. The second from the bottom is the Cabinet Buy List. It shows all the hardware, hinges, drawer guides etc that are associated with the cabinet. The project buy list is populated with this data. There is an option there "Add items to assembly". You should be able to add the lazy susan using that.

Also have a look under edit > settings/preferences > define hardware. There is a search function there and you might find the sink assigned to a hardware item. If so, you should be able to edit the price.

I'm guessing at my answers as I don't use eCabinets for pricing or proposal.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Larrett View Post
    If you take the cabinet into the cabinet editor, on the right-hand side there are a bunch of blue tabs. The second from the bottom is the Cabinet Buy List. It shows all the hardware, hinges, drawer guides etc that are associated with the cabinet. The project buy list is populated with this data. There is an option there "Add items to assembly". You should be able to add the lazy susan using that.

Also have a look under edit > settings/preferences > define hardware. There is a search function there and you might find the sink assigned to a hardware item. If so, you should be able to edit the price.

I'm guessing at my answers as I don't use eCabinets for pricing or proposal.
    I was unable to find the sink or any other display items in the hardware (eventually I gave up and just deleted them from the job), but I was able to get the lazy Susans and other specialty hardware added, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BowenJ View Post
    I was unable to find the sink or any other display items in the hardware (eventually I gave up and just deleted them from the job), but I was able to get the lazy Susans and other specialty hardware added, so thanks!
    Good morning,

Look in settings under Define Cost to see if you have an amount in Used Created Objects
    Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Most likely when that range top and sink were finished up in the Display Part Editor it was saved with a cost attached to it. You can load it in Display Part Editor and resave it without a cost attached to it.

A little tidbit to help with adding costs to cabinets. If you double click the cabinet while it is in Cabinet Editor, it will change from Add items to Assembly, to Add items to Cabinet. Then, you can save the cabinet and all the manually added items stay with it. If you just add them to the assembly, you must save the cabinet as an assembly to keep the specialty items with it.

-Clint-