Thread: Contactors will not reset

Default Contactors will not reset

I have a 2007 PRS Alpha 60x96 with spindle. Attempted to startup this morning, but contactors will not reset when I press reset button. I have pushed and released the E-stop stop button several times. Appears to be open. Manually moved X,Y,Z from limit switches after disconnecting cable to each axis. Inside the control box, the two green lights for +5V and +24V good. The only other light is a red counter 1, 2, 3. I have read and tried every troubleshooting suggestion I can find on the forum. I have had my BOT for almost 10 years without any issues, except my Z-zero plate doesn't work, so I am total new to troubleshooting. I'm open to any suggestions...thanks.

Try giving them a little tap with a rubber mallet and hit reset again. Mine is of the same vintage and had it happen twice now in the last year.
    Scott

Scott...thanks for your immediate reply. I have used the plastic end of a screwdriver to tap them, but I will use your rubber mallet idea. I can apply a little more force without damage.